Friendship with latvian SubaruPower Club...

Kui on midagi tähtsat kuulutada.

Moderaatorid: vaska, Axxept

Vasta
Sõnum
Autor
TheKid
Kontakt:

Friendship with latvian SubaruPower Club...

#1 Postitus Postitas TheKid » E, 03 Mär 2008 14:49:07 +0300

Hi!

Does anyone speaks english here? Or maybe russian? I can do both. ;)

Well, first of all I want to say sorry in advance if I'm in wrong part of the forum. If so, I believe that admins will move it to the right place. ;)

The thing is that I'm latvian and of course it's not so easy for me to read and understand estonian. ;)

So, at the first step I would like to introduce myself and ourselves:
as you already understand, we are the funs and owners of Subaru from Latvia. :) Also we have our own forum www.subarupower.lv. I'm the man who is in charge of our club, so in case of any questions, you are more than welcome! :) I will give you the right answers. ;)

Why I'm here? ;) We do know nothing about your club, we do know nothing regarding Subaru owners and funs in Estonia. So we think that we need to stop it! ;) We want to make contacts with you and with persons in charge over here, so we can meet each other and maybe sometimes make some parties together with Subaru from Latvia and Estonia. ;) Also the boarders now is opened, and we are so close actually. ;)
Let's go SUBARU!!!

Does anyone accept? ;)
Nobody is perfect! So..., I'm NOBODY! :)

TheKid
Kontakt:

#2 Postitus Postitas TheKid » E, 03 Mär 2008 23:24:04 +0300

Hey? Am I here alone? :mrgreen:

Kasutaja avatar
Axxept
Rallisportlane

#3 Postitus Postitas Axxept » T, 04 Mär 2008 00:13:20 +0300

I axxept :D
Pilt Outback & STi
SirAutorent

Kasutaja avatar
JP
Guru

#4 Postitus Postitas JP » T, 04 Mär 2008 11:43:21 +0300

Hi

I think its a good idea to share knowledge and track days information.

Kasutaja avatar
kronja
Sõõrikujoonistaja
Kontakt:

#5 Postitus Postitas kronja » T, 04 Mär 2008 13:43:14 +0300

i'd go with idea of having "shared" estonian-latvian trackdays :)

we have audru/sauga and rapla (at least), you have bikernieki (any other?) - so there could be at least 2 trackdays per year, if needed get more people from other clubs...

how often do you have trackdays? and how many scoobys are usually at the stage? :)

thx,
jk
aerial video, photo and broadcast: http://kronja.com

TheKid
Kontakt:

#6 Postitus Postitas TheKid » T, 04 Mär 2008 18:43:05 +0300

Well, it looks like somebody started to reply. Thanks! Cool. :)
Regarding tracks and track days, we have a lot of of tracks over here. Also in winter there are many tracks opened especially for winter (only if temperature is below zero, in summer time they are closed). But this winter is really bad for us, cause there is no snow. The weather is shit, windy, rainy and so on.
In summer time there are also tracks opened. Also Bikernieki, but this one is very huge and expensive for rent. There are some smaller tracks throughout Latvia.
Regarding track days, our club organizes races very often. This winter we tried to make our own cup, but because of the weather, there were only two stages till now. Actually, this week-end we are planing to make the 3rd. ;)
We have also gravel tracks in summer. Such kind of tracks people love more than those with asphalt.
I think that before making some races together we can try to make some meeting to see each other and make contacts etc... ?
What about your activities?

Kasutaja avatar
kronja
Sõõrikujoonistaja
Kontakt:

#7 Postitus Postitas kronja » T, 04 Mär 2008 19:45:05 +0300

TheKid kirjutas:Well, it looks like somebody started to reply. Thanks! Cool. :)
Regarding tracks and track days, we have a lot of of tracks over here. Also in winter there are many tracks opened especially for winter (only if temperature is below zero, in summer time they are closed). But this winter is really bad for us, cause there is no snow. The weather is shit, windy, rainy and so on.
tell me about the weather :( it's same shit here, though, last 2 days it _looks_ more like a winter...
In summer time there are also tracks opened. Also Bikernieki, but this one is very huge and expensive for rent. There are some smaller tracks throughout Latvia.
Regarding track days, our club organizes races very often. This winter we tried to make our own cup, but because of the weather, there were only two stages till now. Actually, this week-end we are planing to make the 3rd. ;)
cool :)
We have also gravel tracks in summer. Such kind of tracks people love more than those with asphalt.
i may be wrong, but this gravel rallying is not so popular (yet) here.. also, racing on gravel track may look a bit more .. if not dangerous, then dusty? :) as not all subaruclub.net people own subaru for hobby driving they may be somewhat suspicious on this kind of events (though i personally would love to race on such track)...
I think that before making some races together we can try to make some meeting to see each other and make contacts etc... ?
hmm... trip from tallinn to riga is about 300km, not sure if riga to tallinn is the same? ;)
actually, my point is that it's not that small trip to take for just seeing eachother and having a beer or smth - it's not a dating, at the end of the day (even our clubs may fall into love, it's not the goal) ;)
maybe for start it's easier if we share our events calendars, and let eachother know if someone (and how many) from either side is willing to participate on other's side event? in that case someone could provide help organizing staying, sightseeing etc (if necessary)...

and, should we necessarily stick to club events? we just had here in tartu (250km from riga) "raadi race" - though, it was more like a competition, not trackday, but still... it was open to everyone and participating fee was about 10€

to start with something... emm.. i personally am not aware of any planned event in the nearest future (mostly because i'm waiting for my suspension already about 3 weeks, and i'm somewhat depressed as it has not yet left the customs due to many reasons)
what about you guys - except the 3rd subarupower cup on this weekend - what do you have in plans? :)
What about your activities?

our last event was on relatively small and slow (highest speed 100-110kmh on fast cars) "rapla kardirada" track, which is located about 40km from tallinn - here you can see video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLU9I5Y1xjo (it sucks, but maybe it will give you some understanding).

as far as i know, there were few thoughts to organize "cup", but nothing so far probably because of the same reasons (bad weather)...

maybe this area could be covered by someone who's a bit more educated on topic, as i just joined the club 3 month ago (at the time when i got my scooby)

Kasutaja avatar
kronja
Sõõrikujoonistaja
Kontakt:

#8 Postitus Postitas kronja » R, 21 Mär 2008 00:58:40 +0300

... and the silence has come... :)

Vasta